Naturopaths often recommend pathology tests to detect the underlying cause of your illness and then use appropriate natural remedies to restore your health.
A naturopath aims to identify and treat the underlying cause of illness rather than temporarily suppress or alleviate symptoms. Your presenting symptoms are usually not the problem and your naturopath will seek to understand where the imbalance is and how to restore it.
Pathology tests are one of the ways your naturopath can gain greater insight into the root cause of your health concerns. They are often used to investigate your functional, biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormonal status.
Your naturopath may suggest pathology testing if you suffer from chronic tiredness, hormonal imbalance, digestive disturbances, immune dysfunction, allergies, stress or anxiety. All of these conditions can have multiple causes and pathology testing can help pinpoint the root cause for you.
Your naturopath can use the results from your tests to provide you with the most appropriate treatment plan.
Depending on your needs, your naturopath can refer you for a range of pathology tests including:
- Gastrointestinal Tract Tests
- Complete Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA)
- Functional Liver Detoxification Profile (FLDP)
- Helicobacter pylori Stool Antigen (HpSA)
- Intestinal Permeability (IP)
- 3 Day Parasitology (3DP)
- Secretory IgA (sIgA)
- Genetic Diagnostic Testing?Genosense Genetic Profiles
- MTHFR Gene Test
- Hormones - Saliva
- Adrenal Hormone Profile
- Baseline Hormone Profiles - Male & Female
- Baseline Plus Adrenal Hormone Profile
- Female Hormone Profiles
- Melatonin Profile
- Thyroid Hormone Profile
- Reverse T3 (rT3)
- Thyroid Antibodies
- Metabolic Profiles
- Amino Acids - Urine
- Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)
- Urinary Iodine
- Urinary Organic Acids
- Osteoporosis Risk Assessment (NTx)
- Nutritional Profiles
- Hair Mineral Analysis (HMA)
- Vitamins, Minerals & Antioxidants
- Toxic Metals (Urine & Blood)
- Comprehensive Urine Elements Profile (CUEP)
- Optimal Nutrition Evaluation (ONE)
- Food Sensitivity Profile
- IgG Food Sensitivity Profiles
Talk to your naturopath today about how pathology testing can help you determine and restore the underlying issues contributing to your health problems.